Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Re-posted From Sarah's Attic Of Treasures on Facebook. Jauary 2013:Where Danny and I live, work, play, laugh and love.

There's been a lot of confusion here about where Danny and I live and Work. It's is a bit complicated. I talk about us working at Lake Kissimmee State Park , Rolling Meadows Ranch and even at Allen David Broussard Catfish Creek Preserve State Park. I also mention Catfish Creek ,the Creek. I mention living at the park and RMR.It's all true. So here's a bit of the story: In  November 2006, I moved to Florida from Colorado. Danny and I moved out of the house his Dad had built when he was a child. His dad died when Danny was 6. He lived in Haynes City all of his life. We bought a 5th Wheel and moved to Camp Mack Fishing Camp.....Camp Mack Road, Lake Wales. It's right across from Lake Kissimmee State Park. Danny was working at Bok Tower Gardens at the time.
February 1, 2007, Danny got a job as a Park Ranger at Lake Kissimmee State Park (LKSP) I started volunteering. August 4, 2007, we moved the RV across the street to LKSP and lived in what is called Day Use Area. I was Campground and Day Use  Host....Among many other things. We lived their until December 2008.
We moved over to Rolling Meadows Ranch. It was a SOD FARM til the state took it over 6 years before. The Sod people totally moved out January 4, 2009. We remained in the RV until the Cracker House was Gutted and remodeled. (Part of the kitchen was left as it was. I wanted the CABINETS.)We worked on the house for  almost 4 years. We moved into the Cracker House and out of the RV in September 2011. It was not totally finish. Not by a long shot. We also need the RV to cook etc for months.
Lake Kissimmee State Park manages Rolling Meadows Ranch.  LKSP also Manages Allen David Broussard Catfish Creek Preserve State Park (CCPSP) or Catfish Creek. LKSP also manages a place called Money Tree and  a few other tracks of land.Lake Kissimmee State Park also leases pasture land. All the pastures seen from LKSP to RMR on both sides of the road belong to LKSP.Rolling Meadows Ranch connects to CCPSP. So LKSP has almost 20,000 areas to manage.   Rolling Meadows Ranch is the largest of the 3. It's where we take our NIGHTLY DRIVES that I talk about. It's more of our Evening Rides because we usually get home around Dark.
Catfish Creek runs through CCPSP and RMR. I'm usually speaking of RMR'S Section of it. SO HAVE I TOTALLY CONFUSED YOU?  It takes time to fully understand all we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment